Are you hosting an upcoming conference for patients, health care professionals, caregivers or others in the health community? Ilana is a frequent speaker and panelist for conferences sharing her story, advice, and encouragement for those in the the chronic illness and rare disease world.
@ilana_jacqueline Thanks to the Immune Deficiency Foundation for having me #primaryimmunedeficiency #raredisease #medicalgaslighting ♬ original sound – ilana_jacqueline
Let’s Talk About Patients..
Ilana Jacqueline is a speaker, author, advocate and TikTok influencer living in the Portland metro area. She is the author of the best-selling self-help book Surviving and Thriving with an Invisible Chronic Illness. Her social media tells the authentic story of the life of a woman living, working, and thriving with an invisible chronic illness. She covers topics like medical gaslighting, personal health advocacy, medical trauma/PTSD, and disparities in healthcare impacting women. She is a rare disease patient who has experienced and written on all of these topics for publications like Cosmopolitan and The Huffington Post as well as appeared on shows like Behind the Mystery: Rare and Genetic and The Dr. Phil Show.
For Producers & Booking Agents: Media Commentator Profile: Patient Advocate, Medical Gaslighting, Gender Bias
- Health Union’s Connexion Conference 2021 “How to Use Social Media as a Patient Influencer”
- Allergy and Asthma Network Conference 2022 “Social Media for Patient Influencers”
- E.WE Foundation Rare Disease Leap Conference 2022 “Leap Into Virtual Advocacy”
- The Balancing Act (Lifetime TV) 2022 World Rare Disease Day Episode
Topics Covered for Keynote Speaking, Virtual and In-Person Conferences and Panels
- Rare Disease Patient Experience
- Patient and Healthcare Influencer Advocacy
- Chronic Illness Burnout
- Patients in Publishing
- Chronic Pain
- Teaching Chronically Ill Teens and Young Adults Personal Health Advocacy
- Chronic Illness in the Workplace
- Medical Gaslighting
- TikTok and Patient Advocacy
Television and Documentary Appearances
Are you in production on a documentary or news segment on rare disease, chronic illness, patient advocacy or the rise of short form video for health advocacy? Ilana would be happy to participate. Ilana has made several TV appearances for shows like The Balancing Act on Lifetime TV and WPTV.
Interested in having Ilana speak at your next event? Reach out at IlanaWrites@gmail.com for details.